Friday, November 16, 2012

High school artists make beautiful mandalas

Earlier this year I had the opportunity to teach two workshops at the PAC 8 Art Conference.  This is an annual event for a league of high schools to the west of Portland.  My friend Richard Shearing is the art teacher at Glencoe High School in Hillsboro, and he invited me to teach at the event in the rural town of McMinnville, OR.  It was a fun day and it actually snowed, as you can see in the photo below:
Here are some pictures of the students' beautiful work:



Here are some of their finished pieces propped in the window to dry:




It is such a great thing to be surrounded by talented young people who are creative and free.


This last photo is one of my favorites.  This particular student decided to draw on the paper covering the table instead of on a record, and that is just fine with me!

No comments: