Monday, January 28, 2008

Isn't this just The Bee's knees?

I drove Tangereen to school this morning (two hours late because we had SNOW!!!), and was delighted when several of her friends stopped me in the hall to tell me they saw my artwork in The Bee, a community newspaper based in the Sellwood neighborhood of Portland, OR.

I was so excited I had to rush over to Starbucks to get a copy of the new February issue. There's an article about me, called "Duniway students put new spin on old vinyl records," on page 15.

Here's a link to the article online!


It's about some mandala classes I teach at an elementary school where the kids made clocks out of vinyl records and painted an awesome mandala mural on a wall. It also talks about my involvement with Trillium Artisans, and it's about Etsy too!

At Trillium, Claringbold also learned about Etsy.com, a website where handmade items are sold. "Etsy is the rage in the craft community," Claringbold said. "It's just ballooned."

1 comment:

Lucky Girl said...

This is awesome--congrats!!!