Wednesday, February 6, 2008

In the studio...

I have two big wholesale orders that I am working on right now - one of them is for a great store in Berkeley, CA called Treehouse Green Gifts, and the other is for a gentleman in Montreal who is getting ready to open an upcycled-arts gallery. In total, it's about 40 records worth of Eye Pop Art. I am doing my best to get these cranked out so I can focus on creating new pieces for the upcoming SE Area Art Walk. Plus the band is going into a REAL studio this weekend to make our own record! And my Cool School classes at Duniway start up in a couple of weeks as well (I'll be doing another mural painting class, and continuing to be the advisor for the school newspaper, the Duniway Dragonian).

Busy, busy, busy! When I have this much going on, I sometimes invite my friends over to help me paint. I was so glad that Melodie was able to put in a couple of hours of pure YELLOW.
I had already drawn the design out so she just had to look at a picture of the finished product and go for it. I still have to fill in more areas and do the black outline and everything, but it is just so great to have a little bit of extra help!
This is about what my workspace looks like right now:Oh, by the way - I just noticed that I have surpassed 100 blog posts! Yay for me! So, is anybody reading this? Leave me a comment and let me know you're there!!!

3 comments:

SisterDG said...

I read every post! Sorry I don't comment as often as I'd like. I try to spread my alotted "blog time" around each day.

Congrats on reaching the 100-post milestone, and good luck with all these projects!

W. J. St. Christopher said...

I'm here, for the first time!

Looking at your work, though, gives me the shivers as I've got a huge, and revered, vinyl collection. Makes me wonder how all these records ended up on your worktable!

Congrats on all your projects -- busy is GOOD!

gl. said...

i just found you and am now following along, but this post reminds me of how i used to help paint pages in a huge calendar project my friend used to do. :) congrats on the big orders!