Monday, June 30, 2008

Recycled Arts Festival 2008

The picture above is the Eye Pop Art booth at the 3rd annual Clark County Recycled Arts Festival which took place this weekend at Esther Short Park in Vancouver, Washington.

As I did last year, I'd like to share a few pictures of some of my friends and fellow Trillium Artisans who were also at the show. Here's Jacob from Ex Libris Anonymous. He was right next to me so we gave each other breaks and stuff. His booth was mobbed the entire time - the Book Journals are an incredibly popular product!
Below is Liz, of 1 by Liz. She makes the killer bike clocks, and was sharing the booth with April from Rosewebs (handbags and wallets made from lawn chair webbing).
Megan wasn't there so her husband was holding down the Ta-Dah fort on Saturday (I also bought some fun magnets from their aspiring artist son!):
(My own dear love did the same thing for me on Sunday as I had another gig and couldn't make it to the 'Couv. Tangereen went with him and they had a fine time.)

Here's Anitra, with her Coffee Pot People:
And this is Dorothy, one of Trillium's newest members. She makes wonderful upcycled baby clothes, bibs, and handbags under the name Rakiyah.

And here's my pal and neighbor-down-the-street Doug Brown, who was there with another member of the Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild. They had a lathe and were doing woodturning demonstrations.

As always, it was a fun event!

My favorite new find was Blooming Glass - the way she paints the glass is amazing and the colors just blew me away - you have to check this out! I need about 10 of these in my yard.


No comments: