Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mandala Magnets have arrived!






Mandala Magnets are here!

I found a bunch of round magnets at SCRAP, a program here in Portland, Oregon that diverts tons of materials from being thrown into the landfill by reselling them to the public. Somehow or other they got ahold of these "I Support Green Power" magnets from Utah Power (which you can see in the last photo). I bought 'em up, because I love circles...

Circle, of course, is what the word "mandala" means in Sanskrit, and mandalas are my middle name!

So I printed stickers of my mandala designs and put them on the magnets to create cool new upcycled love!

The images are all digital photos of my original designs, which started out as paintings on recycled vinyl records.

The magnets are 2.5" in diameter (6.35 cm).

They would make a very groovy stocking stuffer! You can find them here for $2 each - Or click here to get 3 for $5!

I do think it's sad that Utah Power didn't have enough green power customers to get rid of all their magnets - but at least they are getting a new life now. And I'd like to add that the Eye Pop Art studio runs on green renewable power from Portland General Electric!

By the way, I'm going to be selling cool upcycled stuff, including Mandala Magnets, at SCRAP's Holiday Bazaar and Bake Sale this Saturday - here's a flyer:

No comments: