Friday, September 21, 2007

The joy of new art supplies

There is nothing quite so fabulous as the feeling I get when purchasing high quality, expensive new art supplies.

Yesterday after picking Julius up from school, we headed into Portland's absolute BEST art supply store, I've Been Framed, so I could finally use the gift certificate that the Duniway art committee gave me last year.

I picked up a rainbow of the best, juiciest, most excellent Golden brand acrylics, a cool silver marker, and one of my favorite "F" style black artist pens by Faber-Castell. I also got some Pink Soap, which is simply awesome for cleaning and conditioning paint brushes.

While browsing, I ran into the amazing artist Alison O'Donoghue, who is also a former Duniway art committee member. I really love Alison's work.

The best part - I only used about half of my gift certificate, so I'll be going back to shop more soon!

No comments: