Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Campers - more photos from art camp

Here are some more of my favorite pictures from last week's summer art camp at Buckman Arts Focus Elementary School.




Besides working with clay to make these adorable animals, creatures, and vessels, the kids also did some printmaking...
...and here they are doing the "Surprise Sgraffito" lesson, which involves covering a piece of paper with lots of different colors using crayons, painting over it with black paint, and scratching through the wet paint with tools to create a picture or design.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh man, I love that "surprise" painting stuff! I want to do that as an adult to create some really cool scratchboard-like art. I even bough tempera paint for it. Is that the right stuff to use? I don't know what you're supposed to scratch with.. a pencil maybe?

The clay photos make me want to work with clay too. I'm terrible at it, but those kids look like they're having fun!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.